Thursday, August 04, 2005

Welcome to the USA Uncle Angelo!

Tuesday afternoon we went to a BBQ to meet Sal's Great Uncle Angelo visiting from Italy. Where in Italy? I'm not really sure but I did overhear cousin Josie saying he lived right near the base of the boot or was it the toe of the boot? Well it's somewhere near the boot. I would have loved to ask him about Italy and what he thought of American but alas he only spoke a word or two of English and I don't speak any Italian. When I did want to tell him something I would have to go through Josie or Aunt Francis (his sister) and even then he didn't understand me. But the boys had a blast with him! He played with them like no adult has played with them in a long time. He was flipping them, standing them on their head, doing tricks for them. You name it, he would do it. Honestly though, I'm not sure who was having more fun, the kids or Uncle Angelo.

I think that even Emma found a friend. He was helping her eat her macaroni and meatballs -- and we all know the way to Emma's heart is with food!! I always have such a great time when we are with Sal's side of the family. It's what I always wanted for my family -- the big Sunday dinner, the yelling, the laughing, the food, oh the food! The Campana/Villone/Pinto/Sisto/Sergi family are so loving and welcoming. I remember the first Christmas Sal and I spent together. We were only dating a month and Christmas Day was the first time they were meeting Drew and I. But you would never have known that. They welcomed us we loving arms and of course lots of food and we haven't look back since. Love you guys!


Tina Marie took Emma for a swim (her first in their pool) and she loved it!!


Drew doing his jump and spin move!







Uncle Angelo helping Drew stand on his head.
Anthony's not quite sure if he can trust Uncle Angelo not to drop him!!

Tina Marie, Uncle Angelo and Valerie


posted by Ex-playgroup mommy @ 2:37 PM |

<< Home

Drew is getting big......He will be 7 soon.
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Brian will be 3 soon!!
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Emma is becoming a big girl!
Lilypie Baby Ticker